Journal Club Archive
Here are the articles that we’ve reviewed in years past:
- August 2015 (Wed Aug 12): Drs. Ball, Bosma, Leasa (Fellows: Al-Hendi, Bebbington)
- High-Flow Oxygen through Nasal Cannula in Acute Hypoxemic Respiratory Failure – NEJM June 2015 – Frat et. al.
- Driving Pressure and Survival in the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome – NEJM Feb 2015 – Amato et. al.
- October 2015 (Wed Oct 21): Drs. Butler, Kao, Granton (Fellows: Sheikh, Lam)
- Vasopressors for the Treatment of Septic Shock: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis – PLOS One Aug 2015 – Avni et. al.
- Permissive Underfeeding or Standard Enteral Feeding in Critically Ill Adults – NEJM Jun 2015 – Arabi et. al.
- February 2016 (Mon Feb 1): Drs. Jones, Bainbridge, Hegazy, Arntfield (Fellows: Al-Gamdi, Sharieff)
- Hypothermia for Intracranial Hypertension after Traumatic Brain Injury: EuroTherm Trial – NEJM Dec 2015 – Andrews et. al.
- Trial of Continuous or Interrupted Chest Compressions during CPR: ROC CCC Trial – NEJM Dec 2015 – Nichol et. al.
- May 2016 (Tues May 10): Drs. Al-Thenayan and Haddara (Fellows: Enzevaei, Tillman)
- Chloride Liberal vs Restrictive IVF and AKI: Intensive Care Med Dec 2014 – Yunos et. al.
- Effect of Post-extubation High-Flow Nasal Cannula vs Conventional Oxygen Therapy on Reintubation in Low-Risk Patients: JAMA Mar 2016 – Hernandez et. al.
- August 2014 (Thu Aug 14): Drs. Schulz, Gofton (Fellows: Khosravani, Vethanayagam)
- High-dose Midazolam Infusion for Refractory Status Epilepticus – American Academy Neurology Jan 2014 – Fernandez et. al.
- Dying with Dignity in the Intensive Care Unit – NEJM June 2014 – Deb Cook and Graeme Rocker
- November 2014 (Wed Nov 19): Drs. Martin, Eli Malus [visiting] (Fellows: Lala)
- Cost-effectiveness of Dalteparin vs Unfractionated Heparin for the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism in Critically Ill Patients: JAMA Nov 2014 – Fowler et. al.
- February 2015 (Wed Feb 25): Drs. Fuller, Mele (Fellows: Lau, McCreery)
- Risk of Intravenous Contrast Material–Mediated Acute Kidney injury: A Propensity Score–Matched Study Stratified by Baseline-Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate – Radiology Apr 2014 – McDonald et. al.
- Lactulose vs Polyethylene Glycol 3350 – Electrolyte Solution for Treatment of Overt Hepatic Encephalopathy: HELP Randomized Clinical Trial – JAMA Internal Med Sept 2014 – Rahimi et al.
- March 2015 (Mon Mar 23): Dr. Rakesh Arora [visiting] (Fellows: McCreery)
- Liberal or Restrictive Transfusion after Cardiac Surgery – NEJM Mar 2015 – Murphy et. al.